Taipei / Yuanshan Park
Yuanshan ParkLocated in Taipei city, home to the famous Grand Hotel Taipei, Yuanshan Park is Taiwan’s first park ever established in 1897 . It is also the first large-scaled metropolitan park in Taipei City. During the year 1923, Taiwan government designed and constructed a sports stadium with the capacity of 2000 to welcome the arrival of the Japanese emperor’s visit which is now transformed into Zhongshan Soccer stadium.
Yuanshan offers convenient transportation, superb views and nearby attractions such as Taipei Martyrs’ Shrine and Xinsheng Park. Yuanshan Park and the unique structure of Grand Hotel Taipei have become one of Taipei’s most popular tourist spots and as well as a Taipei landmark. Since Yuanshan is a location where important archaeological digs revealing Taiwan’s prehistoric culture, all horticulture and building carried out in the area were handled with extreme care.
During the 2010 Taipei Flora Expo, Yuanshan Park was appointed into 5 expo areas, including the Expo Dome, Pavilion of New Fashion, Celebrity House, Pavilion of Culture and Expo Theater.
Directions:By bus :
1. Take Lienyin bus (聯營客運) no. 21, 47, 224, 240, 260, 291, 301, 304, 308, 310 and alight at the Yuanshan Stop (圓山站).
2. Take bus no. no. 21, 33, 247, 267 and alight at the National Martyr's Shrine Stop (忠烈祠站).
By Taipei MRT:
Take Taipei MRT-Danshui Line (捷運淡水線) to MRT Yuanshan Station (捷運圓山站). Yuanshan Park (圓山公園) is located on the opposite side of exit no. 1 of MRT Yuanshan Station (捷運圓山站).
Taipei hotels nearby Yuanshan Park：
Great Taipei Travel News/Events
- 2013 Fulong International Sand Sculpture Festival in New Taipei City
- 2013 Food Taipei (The 23rd Taipei International Food Show)
- Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport Named 2013 Top Green Hotel by Business Next
- 2013 COMPUTEX Taipei
- Adorable Movie Stars in “Life of Pi” come from Taipei City Zoo
- Discover Taipei by Taipei MRT - the Enchanting Danshui District
- Discover Taipei by Taipei MRT - Cultural Tour in Shilin area
- Discover Taipei by Taipei MRT - Beitou Hot Spring Tour