Taipei / Taipei Fine Arts Museum
Taipei Fine Arts MuseumLocating in northern Taipei City, Taipei Fine Arts Museum has a spacious occupation of 20,442 square meters with actual constructed exhibition area of 11,741 square meters. Opened in 1983, Taipei Fine Arts Museum now has more than 4000 pieces of art works. Being the first modern art museum of Taiwan, it has been planned with high expectations and goals. The museum is organized to hold different art exhibitions and store significant art works of Taiwan. Its principle is to arouse artistic talents and temperaments of civilians, and to develope the art culture of Taiwanese one step further through the fabulous art works.
In order to represent, store and exhibit beautiful art works, the museum was designed to integrate the themes by artistic structures and a stage for abundant performances. Taipei Fine Arts Museum is a six-story building with various exhibition rooms, audio rooms, art classrooms, and a library. Each floor of the building has different arrangements. The second floor displays permanent collections, while the third floor displays theme exhibitions. The basement is organized in four zones in D, E, F, and G for exhibitions and major art competitions. In addition, educational activities are often held during holidays. As a conclusion, this art museum is an intellectual and educational place suitable for all ages.
The re-decorated, Taipei Fine Arts Museum will be hosting various shows and competitions with themes relating to the event for the duration of the Flora Expo. With domestic and international invitations of workers in the art trade industry, artists and students, there are numerous programs, lectures, seminars and other activities ready to be participated in. A brand new, glass covered corridor is also built between the north and south ends of the museum, along with souvenir shops, refreshment stands and lighted galleries exhibiting works by well-known artists from Taiwan and other countries.
|opening hours:||Opening hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 9:30 to 17:30 (closed on Mondays)
Free entry on Saturdays from 17:30 to 20:30
|expenditure brief:||Ticketing: TWD 30 for adults and TWD 15 for discount tickets
The above fees are for reference purposes only; actual costs are informed at the actual venue and we do NOT give any prior notice.
1. National Highway No.1(國道一號), exit Yuanshan offramp(圓山交流道), drive along Zhongshan North Rd(中山北路) for 2 mins to see the museum
1. Bus route 203, 218, 220, 260, 277, 279, 310, 40, 42, 612, all exit at Taipei Fine Arts Museum station(台北市立美術館站).
1. Take MRT Danshui line(捷運淡水線), exit Yuanshan Station(圓山捷運站) and 5 min walk to museum
Taipei hotels nearby Taipei Fine Arts Museum：
Great Taipei Travel News/Events
- 2013 Fulong International Sand Sculpture Festival in New Taipei City
- 2013 Food Taipei (The 23rd Taipei International Food Show)
- Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport Named 2013 Top Green Hotel by Business Next
- 2013 COMPUTEX Taipei
- Adorable Movie Stars in “Life of Pi” come from Taipei City Zoo
- Discover Taipei by Taipei MRT - the Enchanting Danshui District
- Discover Taipei by Taipei MRT - Cultural Tour in Shilin area
- Discover Taipei by Taipei MRT - Beitou Hot Spring Tour