Taipei / Qingtiangang
QingtiangangYangmingshan National Park is one of the notable national parks in Taiwan, it’s famous for its natural geographic sceneries and attractions. Among must-see attractions of the park, Qingtiangang is well-known for its beautiful green plains and magnificent views of Taipei City.
During days of Japanese occupation, Qingtiangang was one of the planned sites for pastures. Japanese are thought to be the ones who did grass plantation on the terrace that formed the green plains. When Taiwan government regained possession of the nation, Taipei City Agricultural Association administrated the area for cattle grazing. Cattle grazing was organized to assist farmers during April to November, and closed during wintertime due to coldness.
Nowadays, visitors are still able to see herds of cows from time to time. Other than finding unique scenes of cows in urban Taipei City, do not forget to enjoy trekking along the beautiful green plains that stretches over hills and slopes. Visitors may relax and have fun, also appreciate the rare green fields and atmosphere surrounded by gorgeous sceneries.
Besides beautiful day views, Qingtiangang is also a popular place to visit during nights. It is a light pollution-free place for stargazing fantastic night views over Taipei City. Do not forget to bring torches, and telescopes for your night visit to Qingtiangang. With the beautiful and peaceful landscape, Qingtiangang is a nice stop to relieve from rushing life surrounded by greeneries.
1. Take bus route 109, 219, 260, mini shuttle bus no. 9(小9), red 5(紅5) to Yangmingshan stop(陽明山站), transfer Yangmingshan tour bus(遊園公車) to Qingtiangang(擎天崗)
Taipei hotels nearby Qingtiangang：
Great Taipei Travel News/Events
- 2013 Fulong International Sand Sculpture Festival in New Taipei City
- 2013 Food Taipei (The 23rd Taipei International Food Show)
- Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport Named 2013 Top Green Hotel by Business Next
- 2013 COMPUTEX Taipei
- Adorable Movie Stars in “Life of Pi” come from Taipei City Zoo
- Discover Taipei by Taipei MRT - the Enchanting Danshui District
- Discover Taipei by Taipei MRT - Cultural Tour in Shilin area
- Discover Taipei by Taipei MRT - Beitou Hot Spring Tour