Taipei / Lin Antai Historical Home
Lin Antai Historical HomeThe Historical Home of Lin Antai is Taipei's most intact historical architecture. It was originally built on Siwei Road but was later on transferred to the current location in Zhongshan District during the 67th of Taiwanese Retrocession. The Lin Antai Home embraces a history of 200 years, a home of the Taiwanese merchant, Lin Antai. The Historical Home was first constructed in 1783, and is a quadrangular building in a location hand-picked according to good feng-shui. With Swallowtail roofs, a stone foundation, with bricks, bamboo and mud building marterials, Lin Antai Old Homestead’s constructions involve in no nails or adhesives used today.
The Lin family came to Taiwan in the 18th century and was engaged in business trading in Northern Taiwan. With the money they made, they built a house that became the best preserved and maintained ancient house in Taipei city. The house is well known for its delicate carvings. The creative dragon carving on the front door and 5 more dragon carvings around the house represents the 6 sons in the family. There is also a crescent pond in the front yard for gathering wealth in feng-shui terms, with a red pavement that prevents slipping as well as molding. Inside the historical home, the tidy arrangement places the traditional lounge right in the heart of the house. The traditional beds are elaborate and beautiful, some with shell inlay, mirrors, tiles and carvings. The Buddhist alcove is carved with very fine detail, as with the window sills and doors. The whole architecture was manually created, manifesting the wealth of the Taiwanese merchants of the Chin Dynasty.
Lin Antai Historical Home is now located in Taipei Int'l Flora Expo's Xinsheng park area. During the Expo, the Histroical Home will be home to the Fujian-style gardens, featuring different varieties of carefully chosen flowers to suit the Fujian-style theme.
|service facilities:||9:00am - 4:00pm ; Mondays off|
|expenditure brief:||Free ; need to register before entering.
The above fees are for reference purposes only; actual costs are informed at the actual venue and we do NOT give any prior notice.
|available parking areas:||There is one near Xinshen Park.|
Directions:By Bus :
1. Take bus route 72, 222, 285, 286, 612, 642 and get off at Xingshen Park stop (新生公園站).
By MRT :
1. Take MRT Danshui Line (捷運淡水線) and get off at Yuanshan Station (圓山站), walk 5 mins to reach the house.
1. National Highway No.1(國道一號), exit Yuanshan offramp(圓山交流道), drive along Binjiang street(濱江街) to reach the house.
Taipei hotels nearby Lin Antai Historical Home：
Great Taipei Travel News/Events
- 2013 Fulong International Sand Sculpture Festival in New Taipei City
- 2013 Food Taipei (The 23rd Taipei International Food Show)
- Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport Named 2013 Top Green Hotel by Business Next
- 2013 COMPUTEX Taipei
- Adorable Movie Stars in “Life of Pi” come from Taipei City Zoo
- Discover Taipei by Taipei MRT - the Enchanting Danshui District
- Discover Taipei by Taipei MRT - Cultural Tour in Shilin area
- Discover Taipei by Taipei MRT - Beitou Hot Spring Tour