Taipei / Huaxi St. Night Market
Huaxi St. Night MarketLocated near Longshan Temple, Huaxi St. Night Market is the first tourist night market in Taiwan, and it’s famous for varieties of seafood delicacies and uniqueness of “snakes”. The entrance of the night market is occupied by a Chinese traditional construction, with red lanterns hanging to create a distinctive national feature. The shops along both sides of the street are time honored shops including famous Taiwan snacks, and fine dining restaurants.
The famous Taiwanese snacks in Huaxi Street Night Market include Dan-tsu noodles, cuttlefish thick soup, pork thick soup and many others. The specialties of this night market are snakes. Snake is believed by the locals that it is a very nutritious source of food. Snakes can be served in different methods: soup, medicine, wine, and cooked dishes.
Other than enjoy all kinds of delicious food, tourists may enjoying massage services at some massage stores in the night market. It is great to be relaxed and relieved after a big feast of delicacies and a long day tour. With explorations of vivid and lively atmosphere in the night market, you may understand more of Taiwan local culture.
Please visit Night Market Tourism on Sinotour.com for more information on other Taiwan Night Markets.
|featured specialties:||Tainan delicacies, traditional snake cuisine, seafood ... etc|
|opening hours:||16：00 – 24：00|
|service facilities:||Note: protected snake breeds are not sold at this market.|
1.Take bus route 1,201,231,233,234,245,245,264,265,310, 38,628,651,703, 705, 907 to Longshan Temple MRT Station Stop(捷運龍山寺站)
2.Take bus route 11,201,205,229,231, 233,234,242,264, 49,527,601,62,624,628,701,702,703, 705 to Longshan Temple Stop(龍山寺站)
Take MRT to Longshan Temple MRT Station(捷運龍山寺站) directly.
1. National Highway No.1(國道一號) exit Huanhe North Rd offramp(環河北路交流道), drive along Huanhe Expressway(環河快速道路) towards Huanhe South Rd(環河南路), turn left on Gueilin Rd(桂林路) to reach the market.
Taipei hotels nearby Huaxi St. Night Market：
Great Taipei Travel News/Events
- 2013 Fulong International Sand Sculpture Festival in New Taipei City
- 2013 Food Taipei (The 23rd Taipei International Food Show)
- Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport Named 2013 Top Green Hotel by Business Next
- 2013 COMPUTEX Taipei
- Adorable Movie Stars in “Life of Pi” come from Taipei City Zoo
- Discover Taipei by Taipei MRT - the Enchanting Danshui District
- Discover Taipei by Taipei MRT - Cultural Tour in Shilin area
- Discover Taipei by Taipei MRT - Beitou Hot Spring Tour