Taipei / East Metro Underground Shopping Street
East Metro Underground Shopping StreetTaipei East Metro Underground Shopping Street starts from the Bannan Subway Line's Jhongxiaofusing Station all the way to Jhongxiaodunhua Station. Totalling 725 metres long, this boulevard provides you with a different shopping experience.35 shops in all, varying from CD stores, fashion outlets, restaurants, convenience stores...etc, compared to the department stores above ground level, these shops allow you to lighten your footsteps and relax your shoulders.
The care-free environment is suitable for families and couples.Even better, at the entrance of the Shopping Street of Jhongxiaofusing Station is a path of artwork displays. This is what differentiates normal shopping centres with this unique underground. Here various Taiwanese artists present their latest and finest works, both increasing Taipei's creative arts aspect as well as your shopping standard. Altogether 17 exits, each connecting to further shopping centres on ground level. This allows you to circulate from beneath to above, unhampered by rain or shine. East Metro also have special ocassions for promotional purposes, making this place a real appeal.
|featured specialties:||From Japanese to Italian restaurants, convenience stores are all available for service.
|opening hours:||Monday to Sunday : 11:00am to 10:00pm|
|service facilities:||Public Toilets and the Bannan Line Subway|
Directions:By Taipei MRT:
1. Take Taipei MRT-Bannan Line (捷運板南線) to MRT Zhongxiao Fuxing Station (捷運忠孝復興站). Walk towards exit no. 3, 4, or 5 to East Metro Underground Shopping Street (東區地下街).
2. Take Taipei MRT-Bannan Line (捷運板南線) to MRT Zhongxiao Dunhua Station (捷運忠孝敦化站). East Metro Underground Shopping Street (東區地下街) is reachable via all exits. Visitors have to take escalators to B1 to see the signs of East Metro Underground Shopping Street (東區地下街).
Taipei hotels nearby East Metro Underground Shopping Street：
Great Taipei Travel News/Events
- 2013 Fulong International Sand Sculpture Festival in New Taipei City
- 2013 Food Taipei (The 23rd Taipei International Food Show)
- Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport Named 2013 Top Green Hotel by Business Next
- 2013 COMPUTEX Taipei
- Adorable Movie Stars in “Life of Pi” come from Taipei City Zoo
- Discover Taipei by Taipei MRT - the Enchanting Danshui District
- Discover Taipei by Taipei MRT - Cultural Tour in Shilin area
- Discover Taipei by Taipei MRT - Beitou Hot Spring Tour