Taipei / Beitou Hot Spring
Beitou Hot SpringLocated in Beitou District of Taipei City, Taiwan, Beitou Hot Spring is one of the most popular hot springs in northern Taiwan. The famous Beitou Hot Springs are Hushan Village Hot Spring, Geothermal Valley, XinYi Road Hot Spring, Phoenix (Fenghuang) Hot Spring and Longfeng Hot Spring.
Beitou district was originally dwelled by the Ketagalan tribe. The name of the tribe changed to Pataauw in Ching Dynasty when the Hans came. Most of the hot spring facilities and manmade attractions in Beitou area were established during the Japanese occupation.
Due to the difference in altitude and location on the Datun volcanic belt, Beitou Hot Springs are in different colors and distinctive components. Beitou Hot Springs have a pH value of 2.5 – 6.5 with a temperature varies between 37 degrees Celsius and 40 degrees Celsius and are comprised basically by three components: green sulfur(sulfate), white sulfur(copperas), and iron sulfur (carbonate). White sulfur hot springs are gentle, while green sulfur hot springs are erosive and sulfurous, and iron sulfur hot springs contain iron containments with spring water colored light red-brownish.
Other than enjoying hot springs in Beitou Hot Spring area, there are other attractions and museums nearby. Beitou Hot Springs Museum is a hot spring bathhouse that was built in 1913 during Japanese occupation. Visitors may browse the historical bathhouse and hot spring bath facilities that were used back in old days. Visitors may also visit the Taiwan Folk Arts Museum for explorations of one of the largest Japanese-style wooden buildings in Taiwan. In addition, the Ketagalan Culture Center offers visitors an idea of the histories and life styles of the local tribe yet gaining the knowledge of the cultures of the native residents. With abundant beautiful scenic spots and hot springs, Beitou Hot Spring is one of the must-see leisure attractions of Taiwan.
Please visit the official web site of Beitou Hot Spring for more information.
|Quality of springs:||White Sulfur Spring (copperas): Hushan Village Hot Spring and XinYi Road Hot Spring
Green Sulfur Spring (sulfate): Geothermal Valley
Iron Sulfur Spring (carbonate): Hushan Village Hot Spring, Longfeng Hot Spring, and Fenghuang Hot Spring
1. Take bus route 508, 612, exit Shamao bridge stop(紗帽橋站) to reach Beitou Hot Springs
1. Take MRT Danshui line(捷運淡水線) to Beitou Station(北投站), transfer MRT to Xinbeitou Station(新北投捷運站) to reach Beitou Hot Springs
Taipei hotels nearby Beitou Hot Spring：
Great Taipei Travel News/Events
- 2013 Fulong International Sand Sculpture Festival in New Taipei City
- 2013 Food Taipei (The 23rd Taipei International Food Show)
- Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport Named 2013 Top Green Hotel by Business Next
- 2013 COMPUTEX Taipei
- Adorable Movie Stars in “Life of Pi” come from Taipei City Zoo
- Discover Taipei by Taipei MRT - the Enchanting Danshui District
- Discover Taipei by Taipei MRT - Cultural Tour in Shilin area
- Discover Taipei by Taipei MRT - Beitou Hot Spring Tour